You cannot command an army yet because you don't own a battle standard. Try building a barracks first.
You do not yet own a trading post. Try trading with a trader when they randomly appear.
Trader offers 1 Gold for for the next
No trader visiting
Resetting allows you to gain another Deity and build another Wonder
Import / Export Save Data
- How do I get started?
- If you want people, you'll need to have enough food to support them, and they will need to have a place to live. Make sure you have enough food and at least a tent or wooden hut to start with.
- I made a worker, but they died straight away!
- Workers eat food. Do you have enough spare?
- Why do you need so many farmers?
- In pre-industrial society, farmers operated at barely above subsistence level, so the numbers aren't actually too far off real life. With lots of upgrades and mills, the efficiency of farmers improves significantly.
- My people hate me! How can I fix this?
- For the moment, happiness is boosted by victorious raids, or if you have Aesthetics, by building lots of temples.
- How do I get gold?
- You need to trade for it with the traders who show up randomly.
- I don't seem to be making any progress on my wonder. Am I doing it right?
- You need a lot of labourers and a lot of every kind of resource. Really a lot.
- How do I get more cats?
- It is a mystery.
- How do I get more deities?
- You'll need to reset your game; you get one deity per playthrough (collect them all!).
- But if I reset, don't I lose everything?
- You get to keep your achievements (you need to reset to get them all), your old deities and some of their upgrades (the Pantheon Upgrades section lists the permanent ones), your wonders, and your cats.
- What are all the achievements? How do I get them?
- Finding out is part of the fun!
- Can I buy bonuses for old deities?
- You can only buy upgrades for your current deity. You'll be able to do more stuff with old deities in the future.
- What was the inspiration for CivClicker?
- The game was strongly inspired by Cookie Clicker.
- Who made this wonderful game?
- CivClicker was originally built by Katherine Stark in 2013-14. She stated she didn't intend
to develop it further, so it was then maintained by Scott Colcord for part of 2014.
Since then no new updates have been made to the SourceForge repo,
so Luke Nickerson forked it on GitHub to make some
improvements and potentially inspire others to contribute.
In 2022, Frederic Deconinck made in a remake of the Luke's version on Github too. His goal is to make UI changes, and to improve the interface, styling, and fix some bugs. Please feel free to contribute by submitting improvements on his Discord. This is this version you are playing.
- Can I play my save games on later versions?
- Later versions will probably have to break savegame compatibility, in order to add new features.